The Conference Steering Committee calls for applications for competitive scholarships to contribute towards the costs of attending the 6th INoGS Global Conference on Genocide, to be held in Marseille (France) on 4-7 July 2018.
Scholarships are open to :
- PhD students from the Global South and from countries crossing major financial collapse
- Junior Scholar (within 5 years of PhD completion) with no permanent position
- Senior scholars from the Global South
Applicants must have a paper proposal already accepted to present at the INoGS 2018 Conference.
To apply, applicants shall :
Either download, complete and send to Conference Steering Committee the file attached bellow,
or email the following details :
1) Title, name, position, institutional affiliation, contact details including an email address
2) Statement of need - no more than 100 words
Because funding is limited, applications are much more likely to be successful if candidates are able to fund part of their costs. Please indicate clearly what support is principally needed for you to attend the conference.
3) Short biographical description - no more than 100 words
4) Title and abstract of accepted paper
Applications should be addressed to the INoGS conference Steering Committee and emailed with the subject heading “(Family NAME) INoGS Scholarship Application” to : firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 28 February 2018
Scholarship amounts awarded will be dependent on the total number of accepted applicants. Scholarships are unlikely to cover all the costs of participation in the conference (i-e fees + travel + accommodation), so the committee encourages applicants to also seek funding from other sources.
Please note that scholarships will be given as pre-paid conference fees, travel tickets or accommodations. No bank or cash transfers and no reimbursements will be possible.